John C. Dolan Hall combines the former Julie Hall built in 1959, and the main building of the Notre Dame property built in 1964. Julie Hall, the left half of the building, is where the nuns lived. The main building includes the chapel.
This building is part of the Dolan Campus located in the northern portion of the university property. It was acquired and renovated with the assistance of the Dolan Family Foundation and Helen and Charles Dolan, a trustee and pioneer in cablevision. Purchased from the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in 1989, the property contains three buildings: John C. Dolan Hall, David J. Dolan House, and Thomas F. Dolan Commons. John C. Dolan (1884-1969) was known as a philanthropist with a belief in helping those in need and in building for the future. Image date is approximate.
Photographic print; black-and-white; 8 x 10 in.
Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections
© Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections. This resource may be used for educational or non-commercial purposes. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
"John C. Dolan Hall, front view." 1990. Image Archive. Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections. https://digitalcommons.fairfield.edu/image-archive/32.