This is the first floor, looking from the back of the library toward the main entrance. A few male students study at the rows of tables and chairs. In the background are file cabinets, the card catalog, and presumably a library staff member at her desk.
The library for Fairfield University was located on the first floor of Canisius Hall from 1957 until 1968. Canisius Hall was home to the arts, humanities, and social sciences library; the science library was housed in Xavier Hall during this time. Image date is approximate.
Photographic print; black-and-white; 8 x 10 in.
Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections
© Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections. This resource may be used for educational or non-commercial purposes. Please direct any questions to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Marion Smak. "Canisius Hall (Library), Main Reading Room." 1962. Image Archive. Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections. https://digitalcommons.fairfield.edu/image-archive/268.
Fairfield University. Canisius Hall.; Fairfield University. Library.; Fairfield University--Students.; Academic libraries--Connecticut--Fairfield.; College students--Connecticut--Fairfield.; Reading rooms--Connecticut--Fairfield.; Study environment--Connecticut--Fairfield.