Thomas F. Dolan Commons, was built in 1965 as the Sisters' chapel. Over the years it has been home to many university offices, including the Office of Human Resources, Printing & Graphic Services (DDP), and Computing & Network Services (ITS).
This building is part of the Dolan Campus located in the northern portion of the university property. It was acquired and renovated with the assistance of the Dolan Family Foundation and Helen and Charles Dolan, a trustee and pioneer in cablevision. Purchased from the Sisters of Notre Dame de Namur in 1989, the property contains three buildings: John C. Dolan Hall, David J. Dolan House, and Thomas F. Dolan Commons. Thomas F. Dolan (1891-1973)was a pioneer in the transparent film packaging industry and as founder of the Christopher Foundation, was responsible for many gifts to colleges, hospitals, and related charities in the Cleveland area.
Photographic print; black-and-white; 8 x 10 in.
Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections
© Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections. This resource may be used for educational or non-commercial purposes. Please direct any questions to email@example.com.
"Thomas F. Dolan Commons, side view." 1990. Image Archive. Fairfield University Archives and Special Collections. https://digitalcommons.fairfield.edu/image-archive/33.